How to Re-create the ICA Listener in Presentation Server 4.x
This article describes how to re-create the ICA listener in Citrix Presentation Server 4.x.
Prior to recreating the listener, it is essential to ensure that no ICA sessions exist on the server. You may also choose to disable logons to the server during the process to ensure that incoming users are redirected to another server in the farm (assuming the farm has more than one server). Additionally, it is recommended that the following steps are performed in a console session (or RDP console session).
Prior to recreating the ICA listener, it is recommended to make a note of the current settings including permissions, virtual channels, and so on. It is possible to have multiple listeners as well as various configured settings to meet the specific needs of the environment. Choose properties of the ICA listener(s) in the appropriate utility (after step 1) and make note of the settings/permissions.
Caution: If no other servers running Presentation Server are available to compare the current desired settings with the server that needs a re-created listener, it may be necessary to view each tab and the current property values. This information is also stored in the registry under the following key:
1. Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Terminal Services Configuration, right-click the ICA-tcp listener, and click Delete.
Note: In Presentation Server 4.0, the Citrix Connection Configuration tool, mfcfg.exe, can be used.
2. Click Yes.
3. Open the Action menu and click Create New Connection.
4. Click Next.
5. Continue through the wizard and configure the desired settings. When the option to name the listener appears, type ICA-tcp in the Name field.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.
8. Right-click on ICA-tcp listener and click Properties.
9. For Presentation Server 4.5, select the Permissions tab and add the local account ctx_cpsvcuser
For Presentation Server 4.0, select the Permissions tab and add the local account Ctx_SmaUser
10. Edit the advanced permissions and select only the Query Information and Virtual Channels check boxes under the Allow column.
11. Click OK and close the MMC.
12. The Spooler and Citrix Print Manager Services should be restarted.